Saturday 1 September 2012

Working on a new version of Soul Reaver OST (update)

Now that I am finally free from school, I can finally finish up recording the latest v5 of the Soul Reaver OST. Although I have started recording in ogg, I have decided to also export the files in FLAC format if there is enough demand for it. However, this will come at a cost of slightly bigger file size. The oggs can reach up to 499kbps, while FLAC up to almost 700kbps. The difference between them is barely noticable, so let me know in the poll on the right which format of the OST do you prefer. You can also download these two test samples to decide which one sounds better. I should be done within a few days and will post link to the new soundtrack as soon as I am done. I have also redone the soundtrack cover (the picture above), so I hope you will like it.

On the previous poll "Which remake would you like to see?" 63% (37) users voted for Soul Reaver, while 36% (21). Seems, that people are more in favour of a Soul Reaver reboot, but Blood Omen is not forgotten either. Thanks for voting!

10 comments:

  1. Is it different from the original game OST?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This will be, just like previous versions, a rip of the PlayStation version of the game(all in-game tracks), since pc does not have the dynamic music.

      Delete
  2. Sounds great!!! I can´t wait!!! jejejeje. Great job Raina!!!

    Greetings!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! Thanks very much :) glad you like it.

      Delete
  3. You´re welcome!! The OST of Soul Reaver is sublime, epic and great!! and the chance to listen it again its very coool!!!!

    Greetings!!! (by the way: the background of your blog it´s amazing!! I love it!!!,jejejeje)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES!
    I'd absolutely LOVE a FLAC version, i definitely want that, i've been wanting a FLAC version of your SR1 OST since the very first release you made.
    Some of us can definitely tell the difference between FLAC and other formats it would be fantastic for us.
    PLEASE DO A FLAC VERSION, it would be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, a lot of people are up for the FLAC versions. good news, I have almost done finished the first part of the OST :) now onto the second one

      Delete
  5. Any news on the OST?
    It's been quite some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been offline for a quite a while, but I have posted a new post above. The OST is 90% done.

      Delete